Naviance: Coronavirus Update
Updated October 2020
We at Naviance by Hobsons are continuing to monitor the latest information regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Hobsons’ CEO Kate Cassino shares a personal message for Naviance clients, reflecting on the current state of education and how we are investing in our clients and Naviance to support students. Read Kate Cassino’s message here.
To support schools and districts through this unprecedented period, we have made many resources available to our Naviance clients.
Below are white papers, blogs, and articles with distance learning strategies and data to inform a path forward for educators.
- Five Ways to Ease Transitions for Students During COVID-19: In this white paper, we discuss five ways for educators to help ease the transition for students as they plan for the end of the school year, summer break, and their chosen postsecondary path.
- 2020 Naviance Student Survey: Provides actionable insights regarding the pandemic’s impact on students’ college search and recommendations to admission leaders to support students throughout the recruitment process.
- Using Naviance to Support Distance Learning with Students: This guide details the various tools educators can leverage within Naviance to solve for challenges related to student engagement, social and emotional well-being, college readiness, parent engagement, and accountability and reporting.
- Silver Linings: Opportunities for Growth in K-12 Distance Learning: Uncover ways students and educators alike can embrace the new normal brought on by COVID-19.
- Why Prioritizing SEL is Critical to College and Career Planning: Learn why it is important now more than ever to ensure SEL is woven into every K-12 curriculum.
- 3 Ways Counselors Can Support Students Headed Back to School: In this blog post, we put together three tips for educators preparing for the school year.
- College Search and Planning During a Pandemic: Make sure students have the tools necessary to stay on track for reaching their postsecondary goals.
- How Wicomico County Public Schools Has Responded to the Challenges of COVID-19: Learn how WCPS has been able to stay afloat and continue to support students during the pandemic.
- Connecting Social Emotional Learning with CCLR During COVID-19: Learn about the 105 online, self-paced learning experiences offered in Naviance Curriculum suited to a distance learning environment.
Articles and Press Coverage
- Newsweek: Newsweek Recognizes 50 Outstanding Businesses During Pandemic: See why Hobsons ranked among 50 U.S. businesses that stood out during the pandemic outbreak.
- Education Week: High School Students Need More Support Now to Get Back on Track for College, Survey Shows: This article delves into the critical role educators, counselors, and colleges will play to ensure the class of 2021 will remain on track to reach their postsecondary goals.
- Inside Higher Ed: What Students Didn’t Do: Gain insight into what students didn’t do this spring, including college visits, standardized testing, and meeting with teachers and counselors.
- Trends in College, Career, and Life Readiness: Preparing Students for the Future: Gain insight into the landscape of students’ needs today based on research.
- Transitioning to Back-to-School: Supporting Students’ Needs for College, Career, and Life Readiness Planning: Hear what educators across the country are doing to support students’ college, career, and life readiness goals.
- How Educators Are Preparing for the New Normal in College, Career, and Life Readiness: Our finalists of the 2020 Hobsons Education Advances Award discuss their strategies for addressing students’ needs during the pandemic.
- RepVisits: Taking the Pain Out of Visit Scheduling: Learn what Hobsons is doing to support virtual visiting between high school and college admissions counselors.
Free Resources for Naviance Clients
The following free resources are available to ensure students can continue with and successfully complete their Naviance work online from any device. (NOTE: You need to be logged into Naviance to access the links below).
- Naviance Resource Guide highlights the grade-level activities for your student to complete online, keeping them engaged in college and career planning activities even if they are not physically in the classroom.
- Live Webinar Series allows you to learn from a Naviance expert about how to complete critical tasks with your students during the final months of the school year.
- **NEW** Show Me How is a self-service instructional tour designed to help students quickly understand the College Planning features in Naviance Student and reduce the support required from school and district staff. Staff can use Demo Naviance Student to use the Show Me How feature.
Hobsons’ Business Operations
For the safety of our valued clients and our consulting and account management teams, we have suspended all travel for our staff for the foreseeable future. This decision will not impact our partnership with you or our service levels in any way. Our company has operating models and flexible infrastructure designed for onsite and remote client engagements. Naviance is built on resilient and mobile-responsive cloud-based technologies that scale to meet our clients’ increasing demand — both in school and anywhere students, parents, and administrators choose to access.
We will continue to monitor school news from around the country. We want to hear from you to understand how Naviance can best support you and your students during these unprecedented times. Our team stands ready to be of service.
Please feel free to contact your Naviance account manager or consultant with any questions. You can also get in touch with our team using this form.