First-generation Student Success: Using Actionable Data to Drive Culture Change
We understand that student-success requires intention and a vision. In this webinar, we draw from the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, NASPA’s recent national landscape analysis of first-generation student success programs at four-year institutions.
The report, led by the Center for First-generation Student Success, uses insights from university leaders and practitioners, and student groups to consider priorities, current approaches and limitations, resources, and key collaborations for supporting first-generation students. This session includes:
- A discussion of findings, and examine recommendations for institutional improvement and systemic change in higher education
- An exploration of how campus culture shifts, partnered with employing actionable data, are imperative for change
- Leading examples and strategies of institutions leading the way on first-generation student success
- Sarah E. Whitley, Ph.D., Senior Director, Center for First-generation Student Success
- Ellyn Artis, Director, Strategic Consulting, Starfish by Hobsons
Download the recording below.
**This webinar originally was presented on Tuesday, June 25, 2019