Inside Higher Ed’s second annual survey of community college presidents aims to understand how these leaders perceive and address the challenges facing two-year institutions of higher education in the U.S. Some of the questions addressed in the study are:
- Do community college presidents support the politically popular idea of free community college?
- Will future presidents of the United States be as supportive of community college education as President Obama has been?
- Are most community colleges experiencing enrollment declines?
- What factors do presidents believe are behind enrollment declines at their instituiton?
- What is a reasonable expectation for community college graduation rates?
- What do community college presidents set as a goal for their own institution’s graduation rate?