Inside Higher Ed’s sixth annual Survey of College and University Presidents aims to understand how these leaders perceive and address the challenges facing postsecondary institutions in the United States.
The study addresses the following questions:
- How do presidents assess the state of race relations on their own campuses and on campuses nationwide?
- Should college presidents mainly be selected from those with academic careers, or are businesses and managerial skills more important in light of the financial challenges colleges are facing?
- How concerned are presidents about legislation that would overturn campus bans on guns?
- What do presidents think of the new version of the College Scorecard?
- Are presidents confident in their institution’s financial model in the next 5 or 10 years?