With the acquisition of Starfish Retention Solutions earlier this year, Hobsons is proud to be able to better serve community colleges. Starfish currently has 135 two-year community and technical colleges in their client community, from small rural institutions to large state-wide systems.
Hobsons recently sponsored The 2015 Inside Higher Ed Survey of Community College Presidents, a study by Gallup and Inside Higher Ed. This report aims to understand how community college presidents perceive and address the challenges facing two-year institutions in the United States.
The study addresses the following questions:
- Do community college presidents support the Obama administration’s free community college tuition proposal?
- What effects are the focus on degree completion having on academically at-risk students?
- To what extent do faculty members support moving courses and instruction online?
- What impact are for-profit institutions having on enrollment at community colleges?
- How prevalent are stackable credentials at community colleges?
- Are students given too many choices academically?
- Is there a “skills gap” and is there funding in place to address it?