In less than a couple of weeks, we will pack our bags and head to Hobsons University. We have created a checklist of things to do before, during, and after the conference to help you have an amazing experience.
Before the Conference
- Download the mobile app.
- Who do you want to meet? Make a list and connect with them before the conference (you can use the mobile app) and set a time to meet. Remember to pack your business cards.
- With over 40 sessions to choose from, it can be helpful to create your personal schedule before you arrive. Download the full list here.
- Don’t forget to pack your electronic devices, chargers, and power cords. The Hobsons Hub will include a charging station for your convenience.
- Pre-order an official Hobsons U 2016 t-shirt to commemorate your conference experience and you can pick it up on-site.
- Tell your friends you are attending Hobsons U. Share what you are looking forward to. When you tweet use #HU2016. You can search for this hashtag to find others, and form connections even before you arrive.
- Register today! There are a number of activities that require advanced registration. Be sure that you have registered if you wish to participate in the research and pre-conference sessions.
During the Conference
- Share your story. Hobsons staff will have cards for you to share information about your success story.
- Engage. There are a number of opportunities to meet new people from the welcome reception to the closing celebration. You can also network during the connection and lunch breaks.
- Meet the keynote speaker. Freeman A. Hrabowski, III will have a book signing in the South Pacific Ballroom D on Tuesday at 9:55 am.
- Make time to visit the Innovation & Learning Lab to network with colleagues and Hobsons product experts, ask questions, and share best practices.
- Take notes and share. There will be a lot of content to remember so be sure to write down what you want to remember. Share your favorite moments with us on social media. Don’t forget to include #HU2016!
- Be creative and win! Enter our daily twitter contest: Follow @Hobsons on twitter and tell us what HU means to you in the form of a haiku. Use #HUHaiku. One randomly selected haiku poet will win a Kindle Fire tablet each day! You can only win once and must be present to receive the prize.
After the Conference
- Complete the evaluation form in the mobile app. We value your feedback and use it to improve future conferences.
- Download session materials from the mobile app. Be sure to do this soon after the conference; the information is only available for a limited time.
- Follow up. Now that you’ve made connections take time to make those relationships thrive. Send a quick email or connect on social media.
- Save the date! We want to see you next year so make sure you put July 17-19 on your calendar. Hobsons U 2017 will be held at the JW Marriott Indianapolis in Indiana.