Less than a month remains until hundreds of attendees will gather together in Las Vegas, Nevada for Hobsons University! The conference is a time to gain new knowledge and form connections with other higher education leaders from across the country and around the world.
Here are four ways to boost your engagement at HU 2016 and get the most out of your conference experience:
1. Recharge and Share
The Hobsons Hub is a unique space to recharge yourself, and your electronic devices. It’s also a place to meet others and have some fun!
At The Hobsons Hub, you can:
- Take a photo with the Hobsons photo wall.
- Tell us your story.
- Learn about our education podcast, Upgraded by Hobsons.
- Collect your HU buttons.
- Have your book signed by keynote speaker, Dr. Freeman Hrabowksi on July 26 at 9:55 a.m.
2. Tell Us Your Ideas
Make time to visit the Innovation & Learning Lab to network with colleagues and Hobsons product experts, ask questions, and share best practices. There will be designated time to talk about Starfish, Radius, Connect, and ApplyYourself. You can also stop by to:
- Provide feedback after testing new features.
- Contribute to future product ideas.
- Tell us how you work and how we can help you succeed.
- Participate in special individual or group research sessions. Sign up today because space is limited.
3. Connect During Breaks
This year we built official Connection Breaks into the schedule so you can have dedicated time to take a much-needed break. Here are a few other ways you can use the most of this time:
- Visit the Innovation and Learning Lab and The Hobsons Hub.
- Meet new people. With so many attendees you can form valuable partnerships.
- Engage with Hobsons staff. Go ahead and ask us a question, or get to know the people you’ve communicated with over the phone.
4. Get Social and Win
Engage with us on social media by following us on Facebook and Twitter. Make sure you use #HU2016 when you share, and follow along with the hashtag to see the ideas, photos, and insights other participants are sharing.
In addition, we’re running a daily Twitter contest where you can win cool prizes. Tell us what HU means to you, in the form of a haiku. Here’s how it works:
- Write a haiku about Hobsons University. (5 syllables - 7 syllables - 5 syllables)
- Tweet your haiku using #HUHaiku.
- Make sure you follow us on Twitter @Hobsons.
One randomly selected haiku poet will win a Kindle Fire tablet each day! You can only win once and must be present to receive the prize.
We look forward to seeing you at HU 2016!