Last updated 12/20/2019
PRODUCT PRIVACY POLICIES
Collection of Information
If you choose to schedule a product demonstration or contact our customer support team, we may ask you to provide your first and last name, phone number, email address, institution name, job function, job level and other optional information so that we may respond appropriately to your request.
You may choose to provide us with your email address in order to receive updates regarding our products and services.
If you apply for an open position with Hobsons, we will ask you to provide your full name, email address, phone number, mailing address, resume, cover letter and other applicable details to consider you as a candidate for employment.
If you choose to register for a Hobsons event, we may request your name, email address, phone number, institution name and job title. We may also offer you the option to provide us with dietary restrictions or accommodations. We use this information to complete your registration and facilitate your requests.
Log Data Collection:
As part of the standard operation of the Site, we may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, operating system, IP address and the domain name from which you accessed the Site (“Log Data”). In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other click-stream data.
Pixel Tags. A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that we may place on our website or in an email to you, to tell us when you have displayed that page or opened that email. These help us measure the effectiveness of our e-mail campaigns, by telling us whether the messages have been received, opened or otherwise acted upon.
By using our Site, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies.
For more information about third-party advertisers and for information about how to prevent them from using your information, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) consumer website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. If you do want to opt out using these tools, you need to opt out separately for each of your devices and for each web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari) that you use on each device.
We do not sell or rent your information. We use and disclose your personal information only to respond to your requests, as described above and:
To provide you with customized content and marketing;
- Reply to your sales inquiries and support requests;
- Administer the Site, monitor its usage and diagnose problems with it;
- Remember you when you return to the Site, so that you don’t have to re-submit information and preferences;
- Analyze use of the Site and improve our content and services;
- Determine roughly where you are located, so that we can deliver marketing to you, while you are on the Site, based on your location and therefore as relevant to you as possible;
- To investigate a suspected violation of our Terms of Service, suspected fraud or other unlawful activity;
- As may be required by law or by a court order, in which case we shall attempt to notify you and work with you to seek to limit the scope of the required disclosure;
- To our third-party service providers to allow them to provide Site features on our behalf, such as maintenance services, email management, web analytics and improvement of our Website.
- With your consent and as permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Third Party Service Providers
We may share your information with trusted third party companies and individuals to facilitate delivery of our Site and to provide certain features on our behalf, such as data hosting, customer service, maintenance services, email management, database management, web analytics, review, processing of event registration, including hotel registrations, dietary preferences and accommodations, processing of job applications and improvement of our Site.
Email Opt Out
If you have provided us with your information in order to receive updates from us or to receive information about our products, sales inquires, support requests we may send you email marketing messages. You may opt-out of these messages at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of each message, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 800.927.8439.
To review, correct, or request that we delete your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com, by phone 800.927.8439, or contact us by mail at 400 E-Business Way, Suite 400 Cincinnati, OH 45241, Attn: Privacy Office.
Our Site contains social network sharing widgets. You may log onto third party social networking websites via social network sharing widgets to share, comment or recommend blog posts. The social network sharing widgets may provide information to their associated social networks or third-parties about your interactions with our web pages that you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. Information is transmitted from your browser and may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address, and the URL of the web page where widget appears. If you use social network tools or visit social networking websites, you should read their privacy disclosures, to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
Our Site also contains links to social networking and other websites. If you click on such a link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
We have implemented commercially reasonable, industry standard physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to secure your personal information. However, the Internet is not entirely secure, and we are not responsible for security incidents not reasonably foreseeable or not reasonably within our control.
We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under thirteen.
For California Residents:
California residents have certain rights with respect to their personal information, as described below. Before we may fulfill your requests, we are required by law to verify your identity in order to prevent unauthorized access to your data. This may require us to request that you provide additional information that we can match to information we have already collected from you. However, we will use that information only for the purpose of verifying your identity.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Your Personal Information: CCPA considers certain uses of personal information, such as sharing your personal information with a third party in order to serve ads to you to be a “sale.” You may request to opt-out of that use of your information by using the methods provided below or via this form.
Right to Know and Access Information: You may access information we maintain about you using the methods provided below. If we grant your request, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we maintain about you in the ordinary course of business. This may include what personal information we collect, use, or disclose about you. We may not fulfill some or all of your request to access as permitted by applicable law.
Deletion of Information: You may request that we delete your personal information. Depending on the scope of your request, we may refrain from granting your request, as permitted by applicable law. For example, we may be legally required to retain your information in our business records. You may submit a deletion request using the methods provided below.
Authorized Agent: California residents may use an authorized agent on their behalf to exercise a privacy right discussed above. If you are an authorized agent acting on behalf of a California resident to communicate with us or to exercise a privacy right discussed above, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the requisite authorization to act on behalf of the resident and have sufficient access to their laptop, desktop, or mobile device to exercise these rights digitally. If you are an authorized agent trying to exercise rights on behalf of a Site user, please contact us at the contact information below with supporting verification information, which includes a valid Power of Attorney in the State of California, proof that you have access to the consumer’s interface, and proof of your own identify.
To Exercise Your Rights
400 E-Business Way, Suite 400
Cincinnati, OH 45241
Attn: Privacy Office
Please note that your exercise of the above rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g., the prevention or detection of crime) and our interests (e.g., the maintenance of legal privilege). We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Requests to exercise these rights may be granted in whole, in part, or not at all, depending on the scope and nature of the request and applicable law. Where required by applicable law, we will notify you if we reject your request and notify you of any reasons we are unable to honor your request.
Categories of Personal Information we collect:
- Identifiers such as first and last name, phone number, email address, institution name, job function, job level
- If you apply for an open position with Hobsons, identifiers such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, mailing address, resume, cover letter and other applicable details to consider you as a candidate for employment.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information regarding your interaction with our Site.
Categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected
- We collect the Personal Information directly from you
Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information
- We collect your Personal Information to provide the Services and for the following business purposes:
- Performing services in including maintaining our Site and providing customer service
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Sending you marketing information if you opt in to receive it.
- Auditing related to a current interaction such as counting ad impressions to unique visitors and verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions.
Categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information
- We share your Personal Information with advertising, social media and analytics partners to personalize our content, and to understand how our site is used.
Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected
- First and last name, phone number, email address, institution name, job function, job level and other optional information so that we may respond appropriately to your request.
- Email address if you have chosen to subscribe to updates regarding our products and services.
- If you apply for an open position with Hobsons, your full name, email address, phone number, mailing address, resume, cover letter and other applicable details to consider you as a candidate for employment.
400 E-Business Way, Suite 400
Cincinnati, OH 45241
Attn: Privacy Office