Technical Product Manager, Intersect
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Job Summary - Technical Product Manager
We are looking for a high-energy and experienced Technical Product Manager (TPM) to join the Intersect Product Management team.
TPMs are key individual contributors who work hand-in-hand with one or more Scrum teams and concentrate on helping development teams understand requirements to meet user and business needs. They also partner with market-facing product managers, user experience designers, and product researchers from product ideation to launch. Ultimately, they serve as the glue between the customer, user, engineering, and other members of the product management team.
Our TPMs have strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with customers and business stakeholders in high-pressure situations. They demonstrate strategic thinking and strong analytical skills, and can apply structure to complex problems.
This position will be located in Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville) with an expected start date of October 1st.
- Translate product strategy into detailed epics, user stories, and requirements
- Successfully collaborate with team members and other stakeholders to resolve blockers, present feasible solutions, and drive alignment.
- Partner with program managers and engineering leadership to gather level-of-effort estimates and ensure manageable scope that can be delivered on-time, on-budget, and on-quality
- Manage communication across multiple departments to ensure that required parties have the necessary information and direction to efficiently deliver projects
- Understand and provide inputs for the trade-offs in launching products/features
- Co-facilitate product research and user experience design process
- Prioritize the Scrum team’s backlog with guidance from partnering product manager
- Actively participate with Scrum team(s) while co-facilitating scrum ceremonies
- Serve as a key subject matter expert on the product
- Support the product manager with go-to-market needs as needed
- Work hand-in-hand with customer support services to assist customers
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years in leading Agile-based, product development teams
- 2 to 3 years working with SaaS Software product is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of Agile Scrum software development methodology
- Demonstrated product management skills and ability to manage 3 to 5 simultaneous initiatives in different phases; ability to grasp broad product/business strategy with excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of the education marketplace or enrollment industry preferred.
- Passion for education, especially access to higher education
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.