Director of Strategic Accounts
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Director of Strategic Accounts
The Director of Strategic Accounts will be an integral part of our Starfish product, managing a team to deliver on new client acquisition, retention and growth goals, build repeatable processes, accurate forecasts and inspire greatness. You’ll collaborate with Marketing, Product and Executive Leadership to align efforts, strategies and processes with expected results. In this role, you’ll ensure your team meets and exceeds targets, which includes accelerating sales growth through leading a team to effective enterprise selling to executives in higher education (President, Provost, CIO, VP of Student Success), growing our solutions in current strategic accounts and retaining current clients. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial sales and client success executive to capitalize on a strong brand and product base to build and scale a high performing team.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville OH). Remote candidates may be considered.
- Achieve plan and overall sales and retention targets
- Ensure clients fully utilize our services and obtain results
- Ensure on-going team optimization and structural alignment to capitalize on growth opportunities and scale based on market needs
- Create and sustain a sales performance culture
- Lead team to win through transparent performance measures and reviews, using data driven analytics, to drive strong sales execution
- Provide strong leadership and management of the sales and customer success function, setting a unified direction for the team and ensure priorities are clear
- Proactively collaborate with partners (Marketing, Product, Sales Operations) across the business to ensure the voice of the customer influences our efforts and investments in product, innovation and proposition development
- Establish strong partnerships across matrixed functions to collaborate on solutions which help remove roadblocks/barriers to sales execution
- Attract, retain and grow world-class sales talent, understand the current bench-strength of the teams and work in partnership with HR to address any development gaps in a timely manner
- Strong, tested sales experience and leadership in organizations that drive growth in revenue, number of customers and lifetime value of customers
- Experience in solution sales of a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform (strong preference for Enterprise level solution experience)
- Must have managed a team of at least 10 direct reports and New Business and Client Retention Quota of over $5MM
- Experience in the education sector highly desirable; higher education market experience preferred
- Strong execution focus and ability to develop effective prospecting strategies for new logos
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others to perform and achieve results within a diverse team
- Minimum of 3 years sales management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.