Product Manager, Intersect
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Job Summary – Product Manager
We are looking for a high-energy and experienced, market-facing Product Manager (PM) to join the Intersect Product Management team.
This role spans many types of activities, ranging from strategic to tactical. The PM analyzes the market and competitive environment to develop a differentiated product vision and deliver unique value to our clients and users. They lead the discovery process, generate product requirements, and build business cases. The PM works with technical product managers, user experience designers, researchers and engineers from discovery through delivery. They also facilitate go-to-market strategy and execution, serving as the bridge between sales, support, instructional design and marketing.
This position will be located in Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) with an anticipated start date of October 1st.
- Discovery & Roadmap Planning:
- Maintain deep understanding of customer experience, landscape, and industry trends
- Identify and fill product gaps, generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Co-facilitate/lead R&D process with TPM, UX, ENG & PR
- Conduct annual product review, develop roadmap canvases, assess customer value , gather level of effort estimates, and create business cases
- Track product enhancement requests (Intersect and Naviance), product results, provide insights, and make recommendations to improve customer experience and ROI.
- Lead GTM process including coordination amongst internal stakeholders for external communications, internal and external enablement, as well as marketing and collateral needs.
- Translate product features into customer benefits and work with product marketing to develop messaging and positioning for our sales organization and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to assess pricing and competitive landscape; create product positioning and profitability while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Facilitate client-facing webinars
- Other Responsibilities:
- Serve as the main point of contact for sales questions and project escalations
- Serve as point of contact for support escalations and questions
- Hobsons User Conference: Committee lead, create content, present, client support
- Co-facilitate Internal stakeholder and feedback meetings
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Required: 5+ years in a market-facing product management role
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Business acumen and proficiency
- Solid understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Ability to blend creativity with analytical problem solving
- Ability to grasp broad product/business strategy and technical product details
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong customer and student empathy with a passion for education
- Cover letter preferred
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.Apply Now