Director of Integrated Marketing
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Director, Integrated Marketing for Naviance
The Director of Integrated Marketing for Naviance will report to the SVP of Marketing and drive the marketing strategies for Naviance. Key goals for this person will be expanding Naviance’s market presence, engaging users, strengthening customer retention, generating leads, and achieving revenue goals. The ideal candidate is a player-coach who can roll up his/her sleeves as well as manage a small team to execute an integrated marketing plan. Responsibilities will include all marketing strategy, tactics, programs, and processes designed to drive leads, customer retention, and awareness. The Director of Integrated Marketing will lead a team of Product Marketing Managers and a Demand Generation Manager as direct reports.
This position will be in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Develop an intimate understanding of the K-12 college and career readiness market, competitive landscape, and customer journey
- Work with product, sales, GM, and subject matter experts to distill key benefits into marketing messages
- Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and content (e.g., website, videos, customer success stories, whitepapers, blogs, presentations, etc.)
- Develop and execute on multi-channel market strategies and campaigns, including email, re-targeting, search, and social designed to drive sales qualified leads and increase market share
- Create strategic and measurable project plans, including goals, messaging, call to action, and distribution channels
- Forecast, track, and report marketing program and campaign effectiveness metrics as well as overall ROI to internal stakeholders.
- Use data and testing to optimize and improve the content and targeting for marketing programs and campaigns
- Continually monitor, analyze and tune marketing activities to maximize conversion
- Discover new opportunities for product growth in conjunction with Product leaders through the analysis of market trends
- Act as a resource for other departments by being the authority on market trends, product strengths/weaknesses, and competitive landscape
- Provide input to product roadmaps based on market trends, buyer needs, buyer goals, spending shifts and competitive insights
- Partner with Sales on the go-to-market strategy and deliver sales enablement tools (e.g., pitch decks, battle sheets, customer insights and case studies)
- Align with Sales on revenue forecast, helping identify where more or less focus should be applied and being a valuable partner on key deals
- Coach, lead, and nurture a best-in-class marketing team for Naviance
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related area desired; MBA degree is preferred
- 8-10 years leading marketing strategy. Related positions must include industry, product, or solutions marketing and/or demand generation
- Preferably has industry experience in K-12 or broader education market
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in multiple market segments and buyers
- High energy leader, able to motivate and influence people around them
- Highly effective collaborator and can work in a matrix environment
- An independent, self-starter with excellent time management to handle multiple priorities
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit: www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.