Graphic/Multimedia Design Intern
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Graphic/Multimedia Design Intern
Hobsons, a world leader in education technology, is seeking the next type-loving, color-obsessed layout master to join our team of skilled designers. As a multimedia design intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working with our team in the Adobe Creative Suite to apply the fundamentals of design that you know and love to our work and mission of helping students succeed. This internship is for recent graduates or graduate students who are serious about pursuing careers in graphic/multimedia design.
This position will be located in:Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Design print materials, including data sheets, brochures, reports, etc.
- Design presentations and create logos.
- Explore and apply color and typography treatments.
- Retouch and manipulate photos for print and web.
- Shoot photo and video sessions.
- Develop info-graphics, icons, data visuals, social media graphics, etc.
- Assist senior staff in implementing and continuously developing Hobsons’ visual identity and branding standards
- Familiarity with web graphic formats and manipulation.
- Support and enhance video editing and motion if applicable.
- Perform other tasks depending on your skills and our needs.
- Work toward Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design-related field
- Excellent design skills, demonstrated by a portfolio of student or professional work
- Competency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, Lightroom
- Familiarity with Premier Pro and After Effects are a plus
- Keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with the elements of design (shape, form, space, color, texture, etc.)
- Photography and video skills are a plus
- Positive, teachable attitude; ability to work collaboratively on tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity and comfort with Apple products and Apple OS X
- Must have availability for 35 hours/week
- Must be able to travel to and from the office on your own accord
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
We actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.