Senior User Experience Designer
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion.Since 1974, we have been helpingeducators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Senior User Experience Designer
This position is a key member of Starfish User Experience team to ensure our Advising software platforms are intuitive and engaging for users, across devices. This includes facilitating a user-centered discovery process, as well as creating design concepts and prototypes that will improve the experience of our products, and help provide valuable solutions to students and education professionals.
This position will be located in:Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Lead the design process for the Starfish platform and provide feedback to product management teams through research, concept and design intuitive digital experiences that clarify complex functionality across global location
- Provide work breakdown and direction to UX Designers to ensure project completion
- Facilitate and conduct collaborative working sessions such as story boarding and design studios
- Own creation of style guidelines and patterns focusing on a consistent and intuitive experience across a product platform.
- Prototype recommendations in the form of wireframes and interaction-based prototypes for project initiatives, as appropriate.
- Conduct user research, including usability testing, heuristic evaluations and user interviews.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to understand business and user needs, as well as technical capabilities.
- Work with engineering team through implementation to ensure the desired user experience is carried through the development cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in user experience, interaction design, information architecture or related field, or equivalent years of related experience is required
- 5+ years of UX experience with web sites and/or web applications/architectures
- Education industry experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Portfolio, or examples showcasing experience, in planning and creating intuitive digital experiences
- Understanding of usability and responsive design best practices
- Ability to own and articulate design decisions
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, Photoshop
- Knowledge with HTML5, CSS a plus
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Basic understanding of product development and sales cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensivetotal rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include(but may vary depending on global location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Substantial Paid Time-Off
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-termand Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule with Floating Holidays
- Premium Days forVolunteering, Personal Wellness, and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- H’Oscars Annual Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class- Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.