Product Manager, Naviance
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Are you passionate about solving complex user, business, & technology puzzles? Do you have a proven track record of delivering innovative solutions? If so, Hobsons looking for a product manager like you to work on our Naviance product line.
Naviance is an enterprise-scale, market leading, B2B2C SaaS college, career and life readiness platform, that helps millions of students understand who they are, what they want to be, how they will get there, and whether or not they will be successful, while also supporting the institutions who work with those same students.
Our product managers drive product strategy, definition, and execution across a variety of exciting products. Naviance Product Managers will plan and manage product development activities including user and market research, product ideation, product development, product launch, and post-launch enhancements. Our Product Managers are responsible for the overall success of our product and service offerings and ensuring that they align to Hobsons’ broader business strategy. Ideal candidates are passionate about creating
This position will be located
- Contribute to the P&L associated with each assigned product and opportunity area, including bookings, revenue, cost, and profit targets.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Work with technical product managers, engineering, and other stakeholders to develop and maintain product and services roadmaps.
- Engage closely with the market throughout the product lifecycle.
competitivelandscape and industry trends.
- Translate product features into customer benefits and work with product marketing to develop messaging and positioning for our sales organization and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Create product vision buy-in throughout
entireorganization including senior leadership, product development teams, sales, professional services, marketing, UX, etc.
- Build positive relationships and trust through on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Track results, provide
insights,and make recommendations to improve customer experience and ROI.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and professional services to assess and create pricing, product positioning, competitive assessment, and profitability while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Drive product launches including working with product marketing, executives, and other product management team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business or technical discipline is required.
- 3-6+ years in a product management role or related field is required.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Business acumen and proficiency
withquantitative business analysis techniques.
- Solid understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Ability to blend creativity with analytical
- Ability to grasp
broadproduct/business strategy and technical product details.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong customer and student empathy.
- Passion for education is a plus.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.Apply Now