Director of Account Management - Starfish Retention
Cincinnati, OH, United StatesApply Now
A global leader in education technology, Hobsons helps students to identify their strengths, explore careers, create academic plans, match to best-fit educational opportunities, and reach their education and life goals. More than 12,000 K-12 and higher education institutions partner with Hobsons and leverage our solutions — Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish — to improve college and career readiness, holistic college admissions, and higher education student support for millions of students around the world.
We are proud of our impact on students and the institutions that support them. Our team of 450 celebrate this impact in the everyday stories of high school students defining their path to college or a career, the increase in graduation rates at colleges, and a student finding their best fit college or university. We have a team of experts that offer their support, guidance and knowledge that help make our technology solutions mission-critical across the US education system.
Director of Account Management – Starfish Retention
Hobsons is looking for a passionate, proven SaaS Leader of Account Management that wants to make the world a better place every day that they come to work. Starfish Retention Solutions is a Student Retention and Analytics platform used by over 400 higher education institutions across the US that helps millions of students improve their ability to retain, graduate and meet their goals. Starfish is part of Hobsons, the leading provider of student success solutions for over 11MM US students at over 11K schools and institutions using our Naviance, Intersect and Starfish solutions.
This Account Management leadership position will be responsible for managing a team to deliver on upsell growth goals, renewal targets, build repeatable processes, forecast accurately and inspire greatness. Collaborate with Marketing, Product and Executive Leadership to align efforts, strategies and processes with expected results. You are responsible to ensure the business meets and exceeds the growth and renewal targets, through leading a team to effective enterprise selling and relationship building to executives in higher education (President, Provost, CIO, VP of Student Success). This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial manager of account management or sales to capitalize on a strong brand and product base to build and scale a high performing team.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville OH).
- Achieve renewal and overall current account revenue growth plan/target
- Create processes to delight clients throughout the life of their agreement
- Create and sustain a performance culture in both delighting our customers and hitting our retention and revenue growth goals.
- Lead team to win through transparent performance measures and reviews, using data driven analytics, to drive strong renewal and growth expectation.
- Provide strong leadership and management of the account management function, setting a unified direction for the team and ensure priorities are clear at all times
- Grow talent within the team by providing sufficient challenge and support to team members to bring out their best
- Proactively collaborate with partners (Marketing, Product, Sales Operations) across the business to ensure the voice of the customer influences our efforts and investments in product, innovation and proposition development
- Establish strong partnerships across matrixed functions to collaborate on solutions which help remove roadblocks/barriers to sales execution
- Attract, retain and grow world-class sales talent, understand the current bench-strength of the teams and work in partnership with HR to address any development gaps in a timely manner
- Strong, tested account management/sales experience and leadership in organizations that drive growth in revenue, renewal of customers, and lifetime value of customers
- Experience in solution account management of a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution (strong preference for Enterprise level solution experience)
- Experience in having managed an account management or sales team of at least 5 direct report that was responsible for over $1M in renewal/growth sales
- Experience in the education sector highly desirable; higher education market experience preferred
- Strong execution focus and ability to develop effective revenue growth strategies for existing logos
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others to perform and achieve results within a diverse team
- Minimum of 2 years sales management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
About Starfish Retention Solutions
The Starfish Enterprise Success Platform helps hundreds of colleges and universities efficiently scale their student success programs so that more students can achieve their academic and life goals. Starfish supports millions of students each term, using its analytics solution to identify at-risk students in real-time, pinpoint areas of concern, and connect students with valuable services. It also helps higher education institutions use reliable, actionable data to assess which services and interventions are working to keep students on track. Starfish was recently awarded the 2017 Guided Pathways to Success (GPS) Seal of Approval from Complete College America.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.