Product Management Intern
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Product Management Intern
How do students find the right college? At Hobsons, we are helping more than 40% of US high school students answer this question. Our product management team is on a mission to help higher education institutions build their capacity for student success by creating authentic connections with potential “best-fit” students and fostering a support ecosystem for each student that leads to better student and institutional outcomes.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Conduct student user research (surveys, interviews) to provide input into product requirements for college search tools and college profile content.
- Manage strategic initiatives including content development for our summer conference and preparation for summer product launches.
- Develop thought-provoking content for forums/groups in an active community of high school counsellors and college admissions representatives.
- Support product management projects as needed – including research, documentation, and analysis.
- Current college student with strong academic performance and extra-curricular involvement
- Passion and interest in impacting the college and career readiness of other students
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, adaptability, and composure
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize tasks and workload
- Thoughtful, creative, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Learns new processes and technologies quickly
- Proficient with PowerPoint
- Experience using Naviance preferred
- Must have availability for 35 hours/week
- Must be able to travel to and from the office on your own accord
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
We actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.