Strategic Success Manager
Various United States, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Strategic Success Manager
Real Customer Success comes from the heart–that’s why we hire only those who are truly passionate about student success and education. You must have impeccable relational skills and can create a win/win environment for all partners you work with. If this is you, there are a lot of school and districts adopting Naviance and we would love your help taking care of our clients.
The SSM will be a key member of our Strategic Sales team, reporting to the Director of Strategic Business. The main responsibilities for this role are retaining, renewing and growing a book of business of existing accounts by developing long-term relationships and driving success metrics that have been mutually defined.
This position will be located in: West region (Remote) required; Colorado strongly preferred
- Act as a trusted advisor to key sponsors and power sponsors to drive product adoption and ensure they leverage Naviance to achieve student success and measurable student outcomes
- Partner with Strategic Account Executive to manage, retain and grow the largest K12 school district partners
- Analyze client portfolio to identify churn risk, up sell opportunities, and outreach strategy on an annual basis
- Effectively navigate client’s organization to grow our relationships and influence
- Map out organizational structure of top 25% of client accounts within 60 days of start
- Identify product adoption and white space within 60 days of start
- Develop success plans for customers that outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues and provide recommendations
- Track customer metrics and sentiment to identify churn risk and work proactively with sales to address/eliminate that risk, while simultaneously identifying upsell opportunities when applicable
- Create ‘real’ referenceable clients in 25+% of client base
- Prioritize and drive resolution on escalated customer issues
- Monitor and facilitate customer adoption of our solution features and functionality while providing an understanding of their overall business needs as they relate to our products
- Document all communication with users and accounts accurately and in a timely manner in Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years experience in customer success within K12 industry or experience working within a school district
- Living in the West region required, Colorado strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point) required
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skill with ability to build authentic business relationships and deal effectively with relational challenges as they come up
- Resourceful and creative troubleshooting skills to provide optimal business or technical solutions
- Outstanding presentation, development, and delivery skills, with ability to inform, influence and impact all levels of management– you will be on the stage!
- Excel at working in a collaborative, team environment while able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities within a dynamic work environment
- Culturally is innovative, courageous, persistent and patient, loves overcoming challenges, a bias towards action, is collaborative, self-directed
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits include (but may vary depending on global location):
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
Mental & Emotional Well-being
- Substantial Paid Time-off
- Generous Holiday Schedule PLUS a company-wide paid winter holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.