District Account Executive
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, our mission is to maximize student success and institutional effectiveness to create the world-changers of tomorrow. As one of the leading education technology companies in the world, we serve millions of students across more than 8,000 K-12 schools and districts. We believe in the transformative power of education and the opportunity it provides for successful outcomes in all aspects of life.
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
District Account Executive
We are looking for an experienced Account Executive to create new business opportunities by partnering with K-12 school leaders and district administrators. The position is a full cycle sales role (prospecting through closing) targeting public school districts with enrollments under 15,000 students.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville area)
- Identify and develop new business opportunities through cold calling, networking and referrals
- Accurately assess and analyze potential clients’ needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Create and deliver tailored, polished and compelling sales presentations
- Negotiate proposals, contracts and implementation timelines that align with potential clients’ objectives
- Successfully move potential client from prospecting/inquiry stage to close within a reasonable timeline
- Upon closing, manage clients’ transition to our implementation services and account management teams
- Build trust across a wide array of stakeholders including but not limited to Guidance Counselors, Teachers, Principals, IT Directors and District Administrators
- Craft a strategic business development plan that clearly illustrates how to achieve targeted revenue goals on a month-by-month and quarter-by-quarter basis
- Stay informed about industry trends - especially pertaining to changing legislation and available funding sources in your assigned territory - and be able to speak intelligently about both the K-12 and Education Technology landscapes
- Utilize Solution Selling methodology to manage sales pipeline and forecast revenue with a high degree of accuracy on a monthly and quarterly basis
- The position will have two elements constituting the On-Target-Earning (OTE) a base salary and a variable pay. The variable pay portion of the On-Target-Earning (OTE) will be a function of attainment against quota assignment. (commission). OTE is $110-$125k based upon previous experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years consultative sales experience with a proven track record of attaining quota, managing territory and building exceptional client relationships
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in K-12 education and a personal connection to helping students succeed in college and/or career
- Motivated to solve problems and overcome obstacles
- Strong willingness to learn, teach and collaborate with teammates
- Ability to thrive in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to travel as needed (25%+)
- Familiarity with Solution Selling a plus
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com a plus
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
I am Jamie Blair, an Enterprise Account Executive, and I focus on helping large, urban school districts create and scale equitable college and career readiness programs for their students. In the three years I have been with Hobsons, I have seen the business evolve in such a way that consistently reflects some of the greatest challenges facing school districts today. Hobsons provides me with the opportunity to positively impact student’s lives and that makes it easy to get up for work in the morning, and easy to lay my head down at night. That, coupled with the awesome, passionate people I get to work with, makes Hobsons an amazing place to work. If you’d like to know more please let’s connect via LinkedIn.
I am Mark Ousley, a Regional Sales Manager and the hiring manager for the open District Account Executive position. Along with other sales leaders I am committed to a first-class experience during the interview process, onboarding, and long-term success. At Hobsons we have a double bottom line; the Naviance platform enables positive student outcomes and the compensation and benefits package offered are more than competitive in the market place. If doing work that matters to you is important, then let’s connect. If you like to learn more, let’s connect through LinkedIn.
I am Staci Webber, a District Account Executive. It’s always nerve-wracking to start at a new job, however it’s especially nerve-wracking when you’ve been somewhere as long as I had before Naviance and when you’re in sales. I’m now 3 months in and there isn’t a day that I’ve regretted my decision. My colleagues are intelligent sales people that are looking to help me ramp up, while management has been diligent in providing the tools and feedback I need to succeed. The best thing about working at Naviance, however, has to be the transparency from senior management – we all know exactly where we’ve been as a company, where we are going as a company, and how we will reach our sales goals. Even though Naviance has been around for quite some time, this new Naviance has the energy of a start-up, yet the professional clout of an established company that makes it all that more rewarding to sell for! If you would like to talk about my experience let’s connect via LinkedIn.
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.