Naviance Project Consultant
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
This position cannot be remote. Candidates need to be in the Arlington area and work out of our office in Arlington (Clarendon metro).
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Naviance Project Consultant
We currently have an outstanding position for a Naviance Project Consultant. The project consultant possesses experience and knowledge in middle and high school college and career readiness. Consultants leverage this background in managing and delivering implementation, training, and consulting engagements to ensure client success.
This position will be office-based in Arlington, VA, serving the mid-Atlantic region. We need someone physically in Arlington.
- Serve as the central tactical point of contact for Naviance clients.
- Deliver assessment, planning, implementation, and ongoing measurement including running lead with executive stakeholder status meetings to monitor project activities, attainment of benchmarks, and to establish next steps.
- Conduct interactive, hands-on, and effective professional development to clients (in-person and online).
- Participate as a team member on large projects and engagements when necessary.
- Collaborate with Account Managers to develop account plans and address client challenges.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product) to improve cross-functional coordination and advancement of the business and support successful implementations.
- Follow project management best practices, including but not limited to time tracking, development and maintenance of project plans, and clear communication.
- Identify issues, concerns and project risks and mitigate those risks. Develop solutions as challenges are encountered.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of software implementation and consulting experience.
- 1-2 years of secondary education experience.
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, adaptability, composure, and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/workload and thrive in a high volume, deadline sensitive environment.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Thoughtful, creative, and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Learns new processes and technologies quickly.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability.
- General home office environment. Required to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Travel is required up to 60%.
- Ability to use internal systems (e.g. Salesforce, WebEx) effectively.
- Excellent ability to project manage adhering to best practices.
- Experience leading adult professional development and/or training.
- Prior software implementation or education experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of student lifecycle during the transition from secondary to postsecondary.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.