Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
The team member will report to the IT Manger – this position involves hands on day-to-day IT operations and system support to personnel within a corporate environment. The candidate will learn the various systems to an extent that they become fully confident with data-flow and operational procedures in order to troubleshoot or assist end users with their IT issues.
Candidates should be self-starters and have the ability to work both independently and with all levels of employees. The successful candidate will have excellent outward behavior and attitude to interpersonal relationships, as well as an appetite for learning and a desire to deliver quality and timely solutions.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA
- Adhere to current best practices and enforce company policies for data security, redundancy and retention.
- Facilitate a helpdesk role to interface with users; assisting with their requirements as necessary – this will require being adept with all other IT nuances including Active Directory, VOIP, Networking, WiFi, PoE, Printers, Conference Room Technology, and other software\hardware including Servers.
- Work closely with company managers to design, upgrade and implement new technology in a broad range of technology applications.
- Participate in technical advisory roles as required.
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components, disaster recovery procedures.
- Systems documentation and reporting.
- Communicate new features and enhancements to end users.
- Assign security roles and apply appropriate restrictive permissions to users in several systems.
- Assist in improving business processes, including improved data-capture and data-delivery techniques to users.
- May be required periodically to work outside of scheduled work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong aptitude for desktop client (Windows 10 and OS X)/ domain server (Windows Server)
- Office 365 and Azure administration
- Quest Kace and Jamf Casper management systems
- Windows Defender and Sentinel One EndPoint Security
- Good grounding in business fundamentals and the ability to visualize IT requirements in the scope of how these requirements fit into the business.
- Understanding of ITIL Processes.
- Experience with solution design, documentation, testing and training.
- 5+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance, or ability to demonstrate strong skills within an interview.
- Bachelor of Science – Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Physical – ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders relocate servers/switches into racks, move desktop PC’s and run network cable is required.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on global location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Substantial Paid Time-Off
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture:
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule with Floating Holidays
- Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness, and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsonsvisit our corporate website at http://www.hobsons.comand follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.