Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the development and maintenance of a comprehensive client-facing and internal learning program for assigned product suite. The Instructional Designer will own all help content, instructor-led and self-paced training curriculums as well as additional client-facing and internal offerings.
This position will be located in:Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Work closely with SME teams to conduct needs analysis, then conceptualize, design, and implement appropriate learning solutions
- Create and update instructor-led courseware and self-paced content such as e-learning and video tutorials
- Create and maintain online help content for assigned suite of products
- Ensure that all help content and learning materials adhere to corporate styles and standards
- Act as liaison to product management and product marketing to represent Sales/Services concerns or requirements for assigned products and ensure all key stakeholders are involved and providing input throughout the release cycle
- Demonstrate innovative thinking and stay current with changing learning, video, and visual trends and learning technologies
- Develop deep product knowledge in assigned suite of products
- BA/BS degree in instructional technology/instructional design/curriculum design or related field
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing, training development, and instructional design for external clients
- Significant experience in designing and developing learning solutions in multiple delivery methods: instructor-led, web-based, video, e-learning
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in at least two of the following (or similar) tools: Captivate, Camtasia, Screenflow, HTML5, CSS, MadCap, RoboHelp, SnagIt
- Ability to work with SMEs and other content contributors to understand and incorporate their feedback into the learning solution
- Ability to develop scalable learning solutions and organize content as assets that can be repurposed by chunking and sequencing content
- Ability to balance both process owner and client-facing roles
- Strong foundation in adult learning theory and authoring protocols
- Experience performing instructional design tasks in an agile development environment
- Significant relationship management skills
- Sophisticated communication skills including the ability to interact, communicate, and influence within cross-functional teams
- Ability to work within a team and independently, with little supervision at times
- Multitasking, project management, and organizational skills
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.