Director, Support Services
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Director, Support Services
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a Director, Support Services. This job is responsible for responsible for the product support for Hobsons clients and ensuring clients have a consistent, positive and satisfied experience. The Director of Support will ensure these operations are performed in the most efficient and sustainable manner. The Director supervises the day-to-day activities of the Client Solutions team ensuring that the team meets or exceed their KPI’s.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Build, develop and establish a topnotch support team to improve efficiency and problem resolution processes to increase customer satisfaction, and improve response times.
- Manage interaction with major accounts. Create and develop a tier support strategy, as well as have the ability to handle escalated customer service calls and interactions, and actively identify, measure and address systemic issues and implement actionable tactics and plans.
- Implement, oversee and continually improve business processes and operations to meet the changing business requirements for a support organization focused on a single product line
- Responsible for clients receiving exceptional customer service while striving for a one-call resolution support philosophy for all inbound inquiries
- Design processes to ensure optimal efficiency and utilization of resources; ensure team members adhere to such processes
- Utilize and leverage industry best practices including case management, knowledge management, self-service tools, and issue analysis procedures.
- Own and maintain the issue tracking, knowledge database, and support self-service tools with the support from IT Services
- Track, measure and report on defined KPI’s aimed at improving customer satisfaction while streamlining internal processes and decreasing support costs
- Define and obtain product related statistics regarding issues submitted by customers that will be shared with technical teams to improve product performance and reduce reported product issues
- Produce weekly/monthly/yearly reporting to monitor and react to trends
- Partner with other teams that assist in the support and configuration process to act as one unit and collectively achieve the goal for client satisfaction
- Continuously seek internal and external feedback to gauge progress and success
- Engage with clients to assess satisfaction and identify areas for continued improvement
- Ensure all full time and seasonal staff are hired using sound and efficient processes, training and post-hire monitoring
- Drive cross training and deep product knowledge among all team members
- Ensure team is prepared and properly skilled to support product enhancements, product changes and new products brought to market
- Model and uphold company core values .
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent years of related experience required
- 7+ years of support or client service experience in the technology sector
- 3+ years management experience in support/client service and proven results in managing team members in a remote and local work environment
- Strong relationship management skills and experience building strategic partnerships across many different groups
- Technically inclined and strong understanding of relational databases
- Proficient in basic software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Comfortable managing technical resources in efforts to support web services, server issues, and other product backend issues
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in high stress situations and handle difficult clients and personalities
- Ability to be flexible and agile when it comes to change process to enhance the client experience
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills sufficient to write status reports, action summaries, management and client presentations, appraisals, and other standard communications for multiple audiences
- Education market experience
- Knowledge of Hobsons solutions is a plus
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.