Senior Financial Analyst
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Senior Financial Analyst
We currently have an outstanding opening for a Senior Financial Analyst supporting one of our three Product lines. The Senior Financial Analyst will manage the financial aspects of the product line from bookings to revenue and expense including capitalized development. He or she will work closely with the General Manager of the product line, preparing analyses and metrics related to monthly results and to the ongoing business operations.
The role is designed to support each of the functions within the product line, working closely with the sales leaders, services team, product, marketing and development, while being led by the VP of FP&A. The person will be responsible for updating forecasts and will be an integral part of the strategic planning and budget cycle each year.
This position will be located in: Arlington, Virginia (Clarendon Metro)
- Support the bookings and revenue forecasts, including new and upsell opportunities, plus track the existing book of business providing insight to support upcoming renewals
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly close and forecasts processes, including variance reporting and explanation, recasting and revisions, and budget gap closure
- Act as principal liaison with the various functional leads within the product line
- Work with the rest of the FP&A team to develop annual and rolling budgets and forecasts, to develop best practices and to share additional analyses to provide greater insight into the business
- Assist with business case analysis to support capital investment
- Seek process and structural improvements in the business and propose solutions accordingly
- Relentless focus on providing highest quality financial support and insight
- 2-4 years of experience in financial planning and analysis or consulting, including some exposure to a subscriptions based business
- Solid knowledge of Powerpoint
- Expert knowledge of Excel and how to pivot, manipulate, and manage data in complex budget and forecasting models
- Exercise sound judgment and independently manage and solve complex problems using data and analysis as well as business knowledge
- Familiarity and knowledge with Salesforce.com
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and perfect discretion regarding sensitive data and information
- Ability to understand and manage the needs of business partners in a fast-paced and goal-focused environment
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture:
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit: www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.