Sales Manager, Starfish
Various United States, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion.Since 1974, we have been helpingeducators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Manager, Starfish New Business
The New Business Sales Manager oversees a team of Account Executives who are responsible for securing the financial investment of clients within an assigned geographic region. The Manager coaches each team member in building territory plans for achieving their target and holds them accountable for progressing opportunities and forecasting accurately.
The New Business Sales Manager demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the entire Starfish product portfolio and often supports their Account Executives in sales cycles involving the Starfish Solutions and consulting services.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville OH)
- Responsible for managing a new business sales teamresponsible for expanding the Starfish business within a designated territory/region.
- Actively coach and mentor account executives on strategic sellingand negotiation best practices to accelerate and progress sales cycles.
- In conjunction with each Account Executive, develops territory strategy and blueprint to achieve goals set forth.
- Provides accurate forecasting to Vice President for all new business opportunities and engages in strategic discussions
- Helps define and coordinate sales training programs with Vice President that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Ensures team is collaborating effectively with Account Managers and Consulting team on transitioning new accounts to ensure proper continuity of client experience post-sale
- Ensures all Account Executives document all sales-related activities for each client within the CRM system (Salesforce)
- Works with the individual Account Executives to ensure we maintain a thought-leadership position in the market
- Collaborating with internal business leaders that will help support sales efforts
- Requires BS/BA and at least 5 years of sales experience, including a management role
- Minimum of at least three years of experience in a manger role overseeing new business sales or presales professionals
- Certification is required in some areas (product and presentation)
- Established record in leading a team to achieve a sales quota at 90% or greater over multiple years
- Experience in overseeing a team that manages several hundred prospective targets with an anticipated revenue goal of over $3m
- Demonstrated success in leading a team to write and execute account and territory plans to achieve annual quota
- Experience in managing a team who demonstrated in discipline in utilizing a methodology to manage the sales process
- Holistic understanding of Student Success and its relationship to the Higher Education industry
- Ability to be innovative, analytical and proactive in solving client problems and proposing product and services solutions
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to relate to clients across all phases (pre-sale, implementation and pre-sale)
- Strong presentation skills and ability to prepare and deliver formal presentations to large groups, online and in person
- A technical aptitude and strong understanding of the product portfolio and can demonstrate the product capabilities and how it can address client’s needs
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Motivational leader that shows ambition, drive and ability to adapt to change
- Highly organized, detail oriented, responsive and persistent
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensivetotal rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.