Director, Product Engineering
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Director, Product Engineering
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity for a talented and energetic Director of product Engineering to join our growing product development team. The Director of product Engineering at Hobsonswill be involved in significant development projects for our market-leading K-12 SaaSapplication. Your work will focus on work together with the Product Owners and Scrum Mastersto plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Work together with the Product Owners and Scrum Masters to plan and execute projects
- Ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, andresources to deliver products effectively
- Collaborate with the Product Management in defining the Product Vision
- Help developers resolve both technical problems as well as human resources issues
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to theiroptimum performance levels and career development
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent years of relevant experience isrequired; Master’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering leadership roles
- Demonstrated success in delivering projects on schedule within the defined budget andscope
- Customer-oriented and experience with understanding the competitive landscape,industry, and customer needs driving product development initiatives
- Demonstrated experience using metrics to support teams and strategies
- Strong technical knowledge of web-based application technologies and track record of delivering enterprise software, preferably SaaS applications
- Experience with scalable, high-traffic applications that are database intensive
- Strong experience with Agile methods
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.