Sales/Solutions Engineer Intern
Cincinnati, OH, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Sales/Solutions Engineer Intern
The primary responsibility of the Sales/Solutions Engineer Intern (SSEI) is to help the Director of Solutions Engineering support the Intersect Sales team in every aspect of the sales cycle. The SSEI will use their technical knowledge, analytical abilities, and communication skills to effectively design solutions, develop tools, and tell a story to position our products to the market for new business as and account management for current partners. The SSEI is expected to participate in aspects of product development, launch, and refresh as well as serve as a subject matter expert for both client and student usage data within the many Intersect offerings. The SSEI reports directly to Director, Solutions Engineering (DSE).
This position will be located in: Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville, OH)
- Sales/Business Development
- Review current sales documentation, reports, tools, and software(s) that are critical for sales success
- Provide guidance, advice, technical expertise, support, and analytics to enhance customer understanding regarding the products they consume
- Participate in virtual and face-to-face client presentations and partnership reviews as necessary
- Assist in responding to functional and technical requirements of RFI’s/RFP’s should they arise
- Listen for and identify future service opportunities and/or creative packaging opportunities for current services
- Assist the Sales team in understanding Data nuances, answer questions that may elude current reporting and tool substrates
- Create new tools and Data Visualizations of KPI’s within the Naviance, Intersect, and Client’s Institutional Data
- Connect Salesforce Data, Intersect Data, Prospective Client Data, Current Client Data, and IPEDS/NCES Data to draw out segmentations and trend analyses
- Assist in integration and automation of data sources into Data Visualization tools
- Personal Responsibilities
- Build and maintain proficiency in communications both internal and external including, but not limited to, client presentations, team meetings, interactions with operational staff, webinars, and conference presentations
- Advise the DSE on changing market dynamics and their impact on short and long-term team/financial goals
- Foster a culture of Trust, Respect, Integrity, Purpose, Ambition, and Drive for team and partners alike
- Contribute proactively to team training in the areas of reporting, analytics, and solution design
- Provide reports and insights across the client portfolio to increase our “right to win” in the sales process
- Assist in the onboarding of new hires as well as ongoing enablement for entire team as new insights, tools, and features are made available
- Solutions Architecture
- Create internal and customer facing tools that enhance our ability to communicate usage, results, and insights from complex solutions
- Maintain professional/technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications, establishing a personal network, learning/exploring new software(s)/tools to serve the sales team, and participating in professional groups when necessary
- Ensure optimized opportunity for renewal/upsell through effective tools/result designs and communication of opportunity to win with all relevant constituents
- Clearly articulate the KPI’s and ROI’s from partners that use our products
- Pursuing a BA degree
- Proficiency in Excel is a must; Data Analytics, Statistics, Data Visualization preferred
- Desire to solve problems, ability to identify pitfalls
- Understanding of coding languages, API’s, and integration of disparate data sources preferred
- Must have availability for 35 hour/week
- Must be able to travel to and from the office on your own accord
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
We actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.