Various United States, United StatesApply Now
We're actively searching for a Sales Engineer -- this role combines technical and analytical knowledge of the Starfish Enterprise Student Success Platform, the needs of our clients, our competitive differentiators, and overall market knowledge to assist our field sales force in closing new business and renewing current business.
This positions will be located in: Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville, OH) OR Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
* We will consider remote locations
- Sales Engineering and Support
- Responsible for assisting sales and account management in client settings when a product expert is required.
- Participate in current client meetings when usage analytics, bench-marking, and system function utilization is instrumental.
- Participate in client requirements gathering and discussion when an RFP is imminent to ensure it is constructed relative to our competitive differentiators.
- Assist sales in articulating new features, our vision and roadmap when product management is not available.
- Work collaboratively with sales and account management to create slide decks, demo script, user personas, and storylines for all-day/multi-day onsite presentations.
- Participate in trade shows and conferences meeting with prospects and current clients. Relationship building.
- Sales Training and Enablement
- Continually train and enable sales and account management on effective demonstration techniques.
- Monitor competitive differentiators and areas of success that can be replicated in future sales settings.
- Management of Starfish demonstration tenants and upkeep.
- Maintain and update user persona scripts.
- Monitor competitive intel and assist in enablement sessions.
- Assist in win-loss interviews.
- Assist in collaborating with product management and market on bringing the voice of the customer back into the company.
- Sales Analytics and Data Tools
- Leverage and extend Starfish health check data to account managers and consultants for visibility to current client’s usage relative to their peers to more effectively tailor support.
- Train account managers how to leverage client analytics for client milestone meetings and as an input for consulting engagements
Travel: Expectation 50%-70% travel
- Requires Bachelors degree and at least 5 years of experience of developing, implementing, consulting, training, or supporting higher educationstudent success software
- Preference in candidates who have experience using Starfish in a campus environment or have sales engineering experience with products that compete with Starfish in the market
- Preference for candidates who have computer science or product management experience or have launched student success software into the market and have transitioned into a sales engineering role
- Expertise presenting to large audiences in a creative, compelling, educational and entertaining manner using new / novel presentation techniques
- Holistic understanding of Student Success and its relationship to the Higher Education industry
- High levels of demonstrated curiosity and ability to explain situations where you have entered into an environment as a novice and emerged as the resident expert
- Ability to be innovative, analytical and proactive in solving client problems and proposing product and services solutions
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to relate to clients across all phases (pre-sale, implementation and pre-sale)
- Strong presentation skills and ability to prepare and deliver formal presentations to large groups, online and in person
- A technical aptitude and strong understanding of the Starfish portfolio and can demonstrate the product capabilities and how it can address client’s needs
- Highly organized, detail oriented, responsive and persistent
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensivetotal rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.