Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Want to make a difference in the life of a student?
Hobsons is seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer to join our team in Arlington, VA. The role will suit a self-motivated, who has 8+ years' of engineering experience with a proven track record of product delivery.
This Lead Software Engineer at Hobsons will be involved in a developing product based on Node.js and ReactJS. We are seeking candidates that have strong development experience and who are passionate about the latest industry trends and innovations occurring in web based and RESTful products.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon Metro)
- Design, develop, and test software components using Node.js, React, GraphQL, and MongoDB, Elastic Search, AWS and other latest generation technologies on a recently created source base
- Collaborate closely and enthusiastically with Architects/Leads, Product Owners, Quality Assurance, User Experience during discovery, design, test, and development in a Kanban/Scrum environment.
- Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate our products in the education space
- Leverage team development standards, patterns and design principles in daily activities
- Provide code reviews with constructive feedback for all developers of any level
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years’ of experience in full stack Web Application development using technologies such as Node.js, ReactJS/AngularJS, and MongoDB (MERN/MEAN)
- 3+ years of database experience with technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB and ElasticSearch, and able to explain the reasons behind selecting these solutions. MongoDB experience highly preferred
- Strong experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, and TravisCI. Experience with Docker will be preferred.
- One year of experience with AWS services, such as Lambda, Cognito, SES, SQS, EC2, RDS, ELB’s, and VPC’s.
- One year as an active Scrum/Kanban team member and strong knowledge and experience with Scrum or Kanban. Strong communication skills
- Three years of experience in product or SaaS development.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit: www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or