Account Manager, Higher Education
Cincinnati, OH, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion.Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Account Manager, Higher Education
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity for an Account Manager within our Higher Education division. Responsibilities will include lead sourcing, presenting, demonstrating, negotiating, renewing current clients and closing new business opportunities. Join a dynamic and growing market-leading sales force selling our solutions directly to Directors, Vice Presidents, Deans and other school administrators throughout a designated territory.
This position will be located in: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Works within scope of responsibilities and authority to obtain monthly revenue objectives
- Conduct sales calls and articulate benefits and features of Hobsons solutions to current and prospective clients
- Manage and close annual renewal orders with existing clients
- Maintain pricing records for all existing clients
- Work with client operations and finance/accounting to ensure accurate billing of existing clients
- Present sales demonstrations to current and prospective clients; negotiate and close contracts
- Maintain thorough documentation of sales activity and document information obtained during sales calls and presentations into SalesForce
- Provide timely forecasting to Director of Sales, with focus on meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Travel to meet prospective/current clients on campus up to 40% of the time depending on location and territory
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, and other job contacts
- Convey information regarding current and prospective clients’ needs that are not met by current products to appropriate staff
- Continuous learning of the higher education industry
- Represent Hobsons at Regional and National Conferences to exhibit/present as needed
- Cross-training on Hobsons entire HE product portfolio
- 3-6 years renewal/new business or solution-selling in a competitive market with a proven record of sales performance (2+years documented at or above quota performance)
- Experience with complex sales process
- Experience in working with higher education industry is preferred
- Experience with online and/or print marketing sales preferred
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working with Salesforce.com preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills an absolute must
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to thrive in an independent setting, and as a member of a team as needed
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits include (but may vary depending on global location):
- Competitive Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
Mental & Emotional Well-being
- Substantial Paid Time-off
- Generous Holiday Schedule PLUS a company-wide paid winter holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.