Strategic Account Executive
Various United States, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion.Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Strategic Account Executive
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity for a K-12 Strategic Account Executive (AE). The AE will be targeting districts with 15,000 or more students and engaging in enterprise sales cycles for district adoption. This is a highly visible role in the marketplace and requires a great deal of strategic thinking.
Preferred regions include Northern OR Southern California and surrounding locations.
- 3-7 year’s sales experience in software technology based industry, education, and either or both transactional/enterprise based solution selling
- Conducting cold calls, prospecting, and general market research are a critical and rigorous part of the regular activity routine thus ensuring new prospects are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis
- Move the sale through the entire new sales process and assist with renewal sales process
- Define and execute territory sales plans; this will include the following key components:
- A clear and concise communication and marketing plan with full ownership and responsibility in executing each of those activities; webinars, call campaigns, and email campaigns
- The creation of a sales plan that clearly illustrates how to achieve targeted unit and revenue goals on a month-by-month and quarter-by-quarter basis; this will be inclusive of the Account Executive’s quota responsibilities as a roll up
- SWOT Analysis, Account and Market targets, Competitive landscape, and beyond
- Work with the corresponding Account Executives – District Sales, Success Managers, Professional Services, and Consultants in unison and cooperation around call campaigns, email follow up, and the general execution of the regional territory strategy and account implementation activities
- Continual learning about new products and improving selling skills
- Manage all his/her respective sales activities (follow up, cold calls, lead qualification, pipeline management, etc.) within the Salesforce Database
- Report on all sales activities through Salesforce database in the manner that Sales Management requires as necessary to accurately inform forecast
- Keep abreast of Hobsons’ company vision, product set, and services as well as the competitive landscape
- Stay well informed about current industry trends and be able to talk intelligently about the education industry as a whole as well as the edtech solutions industries
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars, and trade shows
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and price quotations
- Effectively and efficiently employ Hobsons resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle; matching level for level, to grow and advance the sale
- Develop positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Professional Services, Global Services, Finance, Engineering and other departments as needed
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 2+ years working with K12 clients preferred, Ed Tech sales strongly preferred
- Successful achievement of 500k+ quotas, consultative enterprise and transactional solution or technical sales required
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 30+ accounts at any given time
- Ability to work, motivate, lead, and follow others within a team environment
- Strong technology (specifically software) aptitude and understanding
- Strong demonstration and presentation skills. Must be able to confidently convey the Hobsons brand name and value in front of multi-person audiences
- Proven success prospecting (cold calling and web research), building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with both manager level and C-level decision-makers
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on global location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Substantial Paid Time-Off
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture:
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule with Floating Holidays
- Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness, and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.