Cincinnati, OH, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion.Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for the development and overall response management for RFP, RFI responses and unsolicited customer proposals for the Intersect, Starfish, and Naviance product lines at Hobsons. The successful candidate will have experience performing in a fast–paced dynamic office environment while ensure milestones and delivery dates are met. The Proposal Writer must be able to work effectively with sales and cross-functional teams across the organization.
This position will be located in: Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville, area)
- Lead and manage RFP and RFI responses and unsolicited customer proposals.
- Work closely with Account Executives, Account Managers and Sales Leadership to determine strategic direction and key messaging of responses.
- Manage responses project and create responsibility matrix.
- RFP experience preferred
- Write, edit and review responses content for message, logic and impact.
- Maintain accurate records of each response for detailed reporting
- Ensure all responses are produced and submitted on-time with high quality and in accordance with all Hobsons standards
- Develop and maintain content in the Content Management System (RFPIO)
- Bachelor’s Degree in English/Communications/Marketing or the equivalent
- 2 - 5 years of experience with project or program management
- Previous experience developing content, messaging, presentations and collateral material is preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required
- Experience with formal response development process is a plus
- Self-motivated, resourceful and eager to learn
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to multitask, handling multiple projects at various stages
- Process oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Must be highly skilled in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Acrobat
- Must have excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Less than 5% travel required
- Fast paced and deadline driven atmosphere
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.