Director of Sales
Various United States, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons is looking for a passionate, proven SaaS sales leader that wants to make the world a better place every day they come to work. Our Starfish solution is a Student Retention and Analytics platform used by over 400 higher education institutions across the US that helps millions of students improve their ability to retain, graduate and meet their goals.
This sales leadership position will be responsible for managing a team to deliver on growth goals, build repeatable processes, forecast accurately and inspire greatness. You'll collaborate with Marketing, Product and Executive Leadership to align efforts, strategies, and processes with expected results. You'll ensure the business meets and exceeds targets, which includes accelerating sales growth through leading a team to effective enterprise selling to executives in higher education (President, Provost, CIO, VP of Student Success). This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial sales executive to capitalize on a strong brand and product base to build and scale a high performing team.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville OH). Remote candidates may be considered.
- Achieve plan and overall sales target
- Ensure on-going team optimization and structural alignment that capitalizes on growth opportunities and can scale based on market needs
- Create and sustain a sales performance culture
- Lead team to win through transparent performance measures and reviews, using data-driven analytics, to drive strong sales execution
- Provide strong leadership and management of the sales function, setting a unified direction for the team and ensure priorities are clear at all times
- Grow talent within the team by providing sufficient challenge and support to team members to bring out their best
- Proactively collaborate with partners (Marketing, Product, Sales Operations) across the business to ensure the voice of the customer influence our efforts and investments in product, innovation and proposition development
- Establish strong partnerships across matrixed functions to collaborate on solutions which help remove roadblocks/barriers to sales execution
- Attract, retain and grow world-class sales talent, understand the current bench-strength of the teams and work in partnership with HR to address any development gaps in a timely manner
- Strong, tested sales experience and leadership in organizations that drive growth in revenue, number of customers and lifetime value of customers
- Experience in solution sales of a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution (strong preference for Enterprise level solution experience)
- Must have managed a team of at least 10 direct reports and New Business Quota of over $3MM
- Experience in the education sector highly desirable; higher education market experience preferred
- Strong execution focus and ability to develop effective prospecting strategies for new logos
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others to perform and achieve results within a diverse team
- Minimum of 3 years of sales management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Substantial Paid Time-Off
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture:
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule with Floating Holidays
- Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness, and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons visit our corporate website at http://www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.Apply Now