Consulting Services Intern
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Consulting Services Intern
We currently have an outstanding position for a K-12 Consulting Intern. Consultants possess experience and knowledge in K12 Advising that is leveraged in managing and delivering implementation, training, and consulting engagements to ensure client success. Consultants work to understand clients’ challenges, requirements, and constraints to design implementation and improvement plans to ensure client success.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Collaborate with K12 consultants to develop PowerPoint presentations and usage reports for client presentations
- Conduct interactive, hands-on, and effective professional development to clients via WebEx
- Support Professional Services leadership with reporting performance metrics
- Assist K12 consultants with client deliverables and meeting notes
- Assist Strategic Consultants with conducting research and analysis to fully understand client challenges and objectives
- Leverage best practices, industry standards, existing research/literature, and policy design best-in-class solutions for clients
- Passion for K12 education & understanding of K12 markets
- Proficient in advanced Microsoft excel functions & Microsoft PowerPoint
- Interest in software implementation and consulting
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, adaptability, and composure
- Ability to prioritize tasks/workload and thrive in a high volume, deadline sensitive environment
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a 4-year degree program is required
- Must have availability for 35 hours/week
- Must be able to travel to and from the office on your own accord
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
We actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.