Software Quality Assurance Intern
Cincinnati, OH, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Software Quality Assurance Intern
Our goal for Quality Assurance Intern is to establish their hands-on experience in all aspects of software testing. The individual will be introduced to software development life cycle, product development tools, processes and methodologies, by working closely with Product Development, Product Management, and Release Management teams.
This position will be located in: Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville OH)
- Design, develop, and execute manual and/or automated test cases using functional specifications.
- Perform both new functionality and regression tests and identify, analyse and report issues.
- Provide progress reports for all assigned projects and ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Assist in ensuring overall product quality, prior to production release.
- Currently a junior in bachelor degree in Information Technology is required.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 30-35 hours per week.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts is required. Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts with Java/C# is a plus.
- Can effectively collaborate and communicate with other teams within the division.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to travel to and from the office on your own accord.
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
We actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Starfish, and Intersect, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.