Sr. Director of Product Marketing, Student Success (Starfish)
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Sr. Director of Product Marketing, Student Success (Starfish)The Sr. Director of Product Marketing will report to the CMO and develop go to market strategies that enable Hobsons Student Success / Starfish solution expand its market presence and its achieve revenue goals. This position is responsible for market segmentation and sizing, and turning market and buyer intelligence into sales enablement, ensuring our sales team is fully prepared and equipped throughout the sales cycle.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Analyze market and product opportunities to position Hobsons for growth; aligning both our existing solutions with the right target markets as well as identifying new market segments & solutions to support market expansion
- Lead the charge for educating and equipping our sales team with tools throughout the sales cycle; including sales presentations and client impact metrics to support customer investments in Hobsons solutions
- Be a visible thought leader in the market; sharing a point of view informed by experience and backed by strong data and research, earning the trust of senior executives in target markets
- Work collaboratively across the Hobsons executive leadership team; ensuring input and alignment
- Establish effective relationships with the sales and product leadership, providing education, pricing and positioning expertise
- Lead the process for the continuous evaluation of market trends and recommend strategies to capitalize on shifts in the marketplace; including researching and disseminating competitive intelligence across all markets and product lines
- Provide input to product roadmaps based on market trends, buyer needs, buyer goals, spending shifts and competitive insights
- Align with sales on revenue forecast; be a core partner to them helping identify where more or less focus should be applied and being a valuable partner on key deals
- Identify strategic partner opportunities within our go to market strategy; partnerships that expand revenue channels or strengthens our offerings
- 5+ years leading market strategy, related positions include industry/product mktg., product mgt.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in multiple market segments and buyers
- High energy leader, able to motivate and excite people around them
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.Apply Now