Technical Product Manager, Starfish
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Technical Product Manager
We currently have an outstanding opening for a Technical Product Manager. The Technical Product Manager (TPM) drives product innovation, creating sustainable benefits for students and competitive advantages for Hobsons. TPM serves as the product owner on our SCRUM teams and handles prioritizing the team's backlog to addresses the business priorities while maintaining technical integrity. Must be able to work collaborative and influence a cross-functional team to deliver on the roadmap. Ideal candidates are passionate about creating education opportunities for students while supporting schools, colleges, and universities.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro).
- Solid understanding of users, customers, the marketplace, the competition and the future trends for advising and/or analytics and type of products being developed
- Support Hobsons SDLC as a “product owner” and be the proxy for the users and the customers
- Work collaboratively with product manager and assist in defining the market and product direction
- Gather level-of-effort working collaboratively with UX, Engineering (Architects, Developers and QA), Data Scientists, and Dev Ops for new features and initiatives
- Ensure Client Service/Professional Service, Training and Support teams are well prepared to support the product
- Support the Product Managers with launching product to market
- Be the subject matter expert on the product
- Track cost of delivery, provide insights and make recommendations to improve ROI for the business
- Effectively communicate, collaborate and influence a cross-functional team of PM, UX, Software Architects, Developers, QA, Data Scientists, and Dev Ops
- Build positive relationships and trust through on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and exceeding expectations
- Participate in relevant professional organizations to gain industry knowledge regarding trends or other factors impacting the product line and to make sure the company’s corporate interests are represented
- As needed, champion TPM processes: Define, Refine, Enforce and Educate
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business or technical discipline is required. An advanced degree is desirable
- 3 to 5 years in a product owner role on an Agile Scrum team
- 2 to 3 years working with SaaS Software product
- 2 to 3 years working with Analytics, Data Science, and/or Business Intelligence products
- Thorough understanding of Agile Scrum software development methodology
- Familiarity with postsecondary and secondary education markets preferred
- Ability to grasp broad product/business strategy and technical product
- Strong analytical and process-oriented approach; Ability to apply structure to complex problems
- Strong understanding of web-based technologies and related design concepts
- Self-motivated and resourcefulness required in a sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with customers in high-pressure situations and with multiple groups
- Ability to influence and motivate cross-functional teams including UX, QA, Architects, Business Analysts, Data Scientists, and Developers
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer and student empathy
- Passion for education
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.