Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons TechOps Engineer will report into the Manager of Information Technology and will support Hobsons operations by ensuring the delivery and support of critical infrastructure solutions that will allow Hobsons to address growing business needs. As a key member of Hobsons Enterprise IT team, the TechOps Engineer will provide technical expertise and leadership in the design, implementation, and support of network infrastructure and services for Hobsons. With a focus on cloud solutions, the TechOps Engineer will work closely with the IT team to help define the company's IT network architecture that will facilitate the efficient and rapid implementation and integration of "best-in-class" systems and services.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA
- Help architect, lead and manage the implementation of services and technologies supporting Hobsons infrastructure.
- Provide consulting and technical leadership in identifying and implementing new network infrastructure systems and services.
- Work closely with Hobsons Enterprise IT team to help define the company's network and infrastructure architecture that will facilitate efficient implementation and integration of "best-in-class" network, infrastructure, and cloud systems and services.
- Ensure high availability of enterprise platforms that support critical business processes. In partnership with key vendors, provide operational support and system administration for implemented network infrastructure systems and services.
- Manage infrastructure vendors according to negotiated contracts and documented support SLAs. Perform performance assessments and establish a review process of issues.
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures. Author technical documents and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) addressing the setup, operations and support of technical infrastructure.
- Manage disaster recovery functions for infrastructure systems and services. Provide backup/restore, archiving and disaster/recovery procedures for network systems. Organizes off-site storage necessary for recovery processes and oversees development of recovery procedures Develop, document and test DR strategies for delivered infrastructure systems and services.
- Assist with planning and implementing systems and network integrations.
- Assist with ServiceDesk request as needed.
- May be required periodically to work outside of scheduled work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft, AWS, VMware or Cisco certifications a plus
- Experience with Azure, Office 365 service offering and Microsoft technologies/applications including Windows Server 2012 and greater
- Windows Active Directory
- VMware vSphere, VCenter
- EMC Storage and Data Domain
- Quest Kace and Jamf Casper management systems
- Windows Defender and Sentinel One Endpoint Security
- Experience with Switching, Routing, WAN Technologies and Security
- Some experience in scripting (Powershell, python, or other)
- Must enjoy working with end users and providing excellent customer service.
- Required experience implementing and support of a network infrastructure with multiple locations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and Minimum six (6) years’ experience in an IT operations environment with technical experience in distributed technologies, systems development, and/or networking. Bachelor of Science – Computer Science or equivalent.
- Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement improvements
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and lead other team members
- Self-motivated with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance
- Physical – ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders relocate servers/switches into racks, move desktop PC’s and run network cable is required.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on global location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Substantial Paid Time-Off
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture:
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule with Floating Holidays
- Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness, and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsonsvisit our corporate website at http://www.hobsons.comand follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.