Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
Hobsons is seeking a passionate and highly collaborative Product Manager to join our Naviance team. Naviance is the leading college and career planning platform for K-12 schools, and offers a unique opportunity to work on an entrepreneurial team with the resources of a larger company. The Product Manager will drive product strategy, definition, and execution for a significant new line of business. The Product Manager will plan and manage product development activities including user and market research, product definition, product launch, and post-launch enhancements. Product Managers are responsible for the overall success of our product and service offerings and ensuring that they align to Hobsons’ broader business strategy. Ideal candidates are passionate about creating education opportunities for students while supporting the administrative needs of school districts.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Own the P&L associated with each assigned product and opportunity area, including bookings, revenue, and profit targets.
- Develop the product and service strategy that supports business strategy.
- Serve as subject matter expert for assigned product and opportunity areas.
- Work with technical product managers, engineering, and other stakeholders to develop and maintain product and services roadmaps.
- Engage closely with the market throughout the product lifecycle.
- Understand competitive landscape and industry trends.
- Translate product features into customer benefits and work with product marketing to develop messaging and positioning for our sales organization and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate product focus throughout entire organization including senior leadership, product development teams, sales, professional services, marketing, UX, etc.
- Build positive relationships and trust through on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Track results, provide insights, and make recommendations to improve customer experience and ROI.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and professional services to assess and create pricing, product positioning, competitive assessment, and profitability while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Participate in relevant professional organizations to gain industry knowledge regarding trends or other factors impacting the product line and to make sure the company’s corporate interests are represented.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business or technical discipline is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
- 5-8 years in a product management role or related field is required.
- Business acumen and proficiency with quantitative business analysis techniques.
- Experience with API development and third party integrations strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of web-based technologies and related design concepts.
- Ability to blend creativity with analytical problem solving.
- Ability to grasp broad product/business strategy and technical product.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong customer and student empathy.
- Passion for education.
- Knowledgeof Pragmatic Marketing framework is a plus.
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.Apply Now