AWS DevOps Engineer Intern
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
AWS DevOps Engineer (Intern)
If you know that a cloud is more than water drops or ice crystals floating in the sky and you have worked with AWS cloud services, this job may be for you. If you want to make a difference by locating and auditing various AWS resources in use at Hobsons by building an inventory management system for reporting and cost control, you might be one of us. If you can take the inventory & cost data and apply machine learning to predict or optimize usage and costs for Hobsons, we want you. Non-overwhelming mentorship provided to achieve your goals in a fast and friendly environment.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Create scripts to pull resource and cost data from AWS.
- Analyze data for usage & cost predictions and optimizations.
- Display data in charts and tables using in-house or open source tools.
- Work with various Development and Operations teams for improvements.
- Audit AWS Security measures in place and provide feedback with suggested tightening controls and policies.
- Find ways to cut AWS costs for Hobsons.
- Strong understanding of Amazon Cloud Services.
- Hands on experience with EC2, RDS and S3 services via Console and CLI.
- Strong Scripting skills – Shell, Python.
- Web and Java Application Development.
- Experience with Git and Unix background.
- Ability to work with numbers and documentation skills.
- Data Science or Machine Learning skills a plus.
- Outgoing personality.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a 4-year degree program is required
- Must have availability for 35 hours/week
- Must be able to travel to and from the office on your own accord
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
We actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.