UX Design Intern
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
UX Design Intern
This internship is on our Global User Experience team to ensure our best in class student retention software platforms are intuitive and engaging for users, across devices. This includes facilitating a user-centered discovery process, as well as creating design concepts and prototypes that will improve the experience of our products, and help provide valuable solutions to students and education professionals.
This position will be located in:
Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Support our user experience and product management teams to research, concept and design intuitive digital experiences that clarify complex functionality across global locations.
- Help facilitate collaborative working sessions such as story boarding and design studios •Assist with creating style guidelines and patterns, focusing on a consistent and intuitive experience across a product platform.
- Prototype recommendations in the form of wireframes and interaction-based prototypes for project initiatives, as appropriate.
- Conduct user research, including usability testing, heuristic evaluations and user interviews.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to understand business and user needs, as well as technical capabilities.
- Work with engineering team through implementation to ensure the desired user experience is carried through the development cycle.
- Juniors or Seniors studying design, research, user experience, or software development
- Familiarity with UX for web sites and/or web applications/architectures
- A passion for education, technology, and design
- Portfolio, or examples showcasing experience, in planning and creating intuitive digital experiences
- Understanding of usability and responsive design best practices
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, Photoshop
- Knowledge with HTML5, CSS a plus
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
We actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.