DevOps Engineer Intern
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
DevOps Engineer Intern
Are you the kind of person that always wants to know how things work? Do you want to work with cutting edge technologies? Then consider joining Hobsons DevOps team. We are looking for a passionate engineer to work with our development teams on building out new services using AWS.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Design and build cloud based infrastructure
- Develop scripts for automating deployments (bash, codedeploy, etc.)
- Optimize existing web application systems and processes
- Learn new technologies and suggest ways to adopt them
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our QA, staging, and production environments
- Work with Development and Product teams on considerations for designing applications in cloud based environments
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline
- Experience with Linux (specifically working on the CLI)
- Programming experience in any language
- Experience with Source Control systems such as GIT, Mercurial, SVN, or CVS
- Basic understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, NATs, and subnetting
- Any AWS experience is a major plus
- Must have availability for 35 hour/week
- Must be able to travel to and from the office on your own accord
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
We actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.