VP/Director, Market Research
Various United States, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
VP / Director of Market Research
The VP/Director of Market Research is responsible for conducting primary and secondary research within the education landscape. This includes developing surveys, questionnaires and leveraging the appropriate tools and tactics to solicit market insights from a broad spectrum of education professionals; from senior executives to product users. Being able to analyze, make sense of and present the findings in a compelling and clear way is essential. This role will also be market facing; speaking at various industry and Hobsons events regarding the research and data insights developed. This research will be used for sales education, demand generation and help inform market and product direction. Strong focus on execution and creating externally facing industry reports is a must.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville area)
- Hands on research development; developing and conducting surveys, interviews to collect market insights from education professionals
- Analyze data collected; identify trends and insights
- Develop charts and write industry reports based on the insights and data collected
- Industry evangelist, speaking at trade shows and on webinars as a trusted market expert
- Client specialist with ability to support key sales and client needs with market insights
- Work internally and cross functionally to share market insights with sales and across Hobsons product and technical teams
- Ability to interview and produce various market facing output with industry though leaders; such as developing podcasts and videos
- 5+ years conducting hands on primary and secondary research required
- Strong analytical and data crunching skills
- Able to turn data into insights
- Strong written skills able to author market reports
- Strong verbal and presentation skills, comfortable presenting findings at various venues from internal events, to industry events to clients
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters or higher preferred
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.