K12 Project Consultant
Various United States, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
K12 Project Consultant
We currently have an outstanding position for a K-12 Project Consultant. The project consultant possesses experience and knowledge in K12 Advising that is leveraged in managing and delivering implementation, training, and consulting engagements to ensure client success. Consultants work to understand clients’ challenges, requirements, and constraints to design implementation and improvement plans to ensure client success.
This position will be located in: Remote with preferred location in:
- Provide limited, primarily remote presales support in the form of demo, presentations, and discussions for K12 opportunities.
- Serve as the central tactical point of contact for K12 clients.
- Deliver assessment, planning, implementation, and ongoing measurement including running lead with executive stakeholder status meetings to monitor project activities, attainment of benchmarks, and to establish next steps.
- Conduct interactive, hands-on, and effective professional development to clients (in-person and online)
- Participate as a team member on large projects and engagements when necessary.
- Collaborate with account management to develop account plans and address client challenges.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (e.g. services teams, product) to improve cross-functional coordination and advancement of the business and support successful implementations.
- Follow project management best practices, including but not limited to time tracking, development and maintenance of project plans, and clear communication.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of software implementation and consulting experience
- 1-2 years of K12 experience
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, adaptability, and composure
- Demonstrates maturity during challenging conversations, and receptive to feedback
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to prioritize tasks/workload and thrive in a high volume, deadline sensitive environment
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability
- Productive and achieves utilization targets
- Demonstrates a consultative approach and commitment to client success
- Understanding of K12 advising markets
- Shows attention to detail
- Ability to use internal systems (e.g. Salesforce, WebEx) effectively
- Excellent ability to project manage adhering to best practices
- Thoughtful, creative, and proactive problem solving skills
- Learns new processes and technologies quickly
- General office environment. Required to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Travel is required up to 50-60%
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.