Cloud Operations Architect
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
The Cloud OperationsArchitectis responsible for developing the platforms and best practices that improve operational efficiency within Hobsons’ SaaS applications. You will work with Developers, Product Owners, Architects, and other Cloud Operations team members to design, implement, and optimize technical solutions that expedite application delivery in a secure and scalable manner. You must have a passion for new technologies and a desire to provide exceptional customer service.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Seasoned Cloud OperationsArchitect able to deliver innovative solutions
- Design and Develop next generation Docker based Platform as a Service infrastructure for hosting product applications and system tools using Kubernetes.
- Design hardened base operating system images for VMs as well as Docker Containers taking into account security and automated patching.
- Provide technical guidance to team members Work with Development and Product teams on considerations for designing operationally smart applications for deployment in cloud environments, focusing on performance, security and budgeting.
- Automate application deployments across multiple environments (Dev, QA, Staging, & Prod) as part of an Agile SDLC and following established team workflows.
- Deployment of Big Data tools like Hadoop, Hive, Zookeeper, Airflow, and similar tools.
- Proactively adopt new cloud infrastructure technologies and best practices to optimize management practices.
- Work with Development and Product teams to design operationally smart applications for deployment in cloud environments, focusing on performance, security and cost optimization.
- Identify and implement strategies to better cost optimize our AWS environments.
- B.S. degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Any active AWS Certification at the Associate level
- 10 years of experience in software design/development and/or operations.
- Experience building and maintaining production systems in AWS using EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, and CloudFront
- 1-3 years of experience creating Docker image and orchestrating container deployments using Kubernetes.
- Ability to develop Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- 2-3 years of experience managing RDBMS and NoSQL database systems (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, or MongoDB) desired.
- Must have working knowledge of handling Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in AWS.
- Extensive scripting experience in Bash, Ruby, Python, PowerShell or similar languages
- Experience with Source Control systems, such as GIT and SVN.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, or TravisCI
- Working knowledge of DNS, network routing/subnetting, Monitoring, SSL Certificates, File Servers, Security, Performance, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar technologies.
- Must have experience with monitoring tools and APMs such as Nagios, LogicMonitor, New Relic,AppDynamic, DataDog or similar tooling
- Working knowledge of Splunk, ELK or other log management tools.
- Extensive experience with Agile programming practices
- Experience in Mesos, Marathon, Chronos and Zookeeper is a plus.
- Experience configuring and operating EMR preferred
- Strong communication skills a must
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit: www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.Apply Now