Advanced Product Specialist
Arlington, VA, United StatesApply Now
At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Advanced Product Specialist
We Currently have an outstanding position for an Advanced Product Specialist. The Advanced Product Specialist works in a team environment with other Advanced Product Specialists to address the more challenging questions of Hobsons K12 clients (typically schools and school districts). Clients submit questions related to business or technical usage of the Hobsons K12 solutions, (a “case”) via phone, email, or web and if the Client Solutions Specialist is unable to resolve they client is then escalated to the Advanced Product Specialist to resolve the case in a timely manner. This individual documents the progress of these escalated cases online, escalates cases to Engineering based on priority/issue level, and further escalate cases directly the Support Manager or Director. On a daily basis, the Advanced Product Specialist manages their queue of open cases, updates case status/notes, troubleshoots to resolve outstanding issues, and proactively communicates case resolution to members and the account management team to ensure member success.
The position will be located in: our Arlington, VA office.
- Provide timely, professional, and accurate responses to clients who’s question needed escalation
- Enter all correspondence and necessary information related to a case into the case management system (currently Salesforce.com)
- Troubleshoot individually and with team members to resolve a case within 24 hours of case submission
- Assigned geographical area for supporting our district clients
- On-board new districts within assigned geographical area to support them in the data importing process so that they can start using the Hobsons K12 solutions successfully
- Collaborate with Consulting and Account Management to understand the setup of districts within assigned geographical area
- Collaborate and follow-up with the Product Engineering department on cases that require escalation to get resolved
- Inform the account management team on critical member issues that result in a high priority case that is working to get resolved
- Contribute to research and growth of the Knowledge Base by creating member-facing documentation such as solutions and troubleshooting techniques/steps to resolving common questions
- Manage case work load by monitoring escalation case queue, open case queue and phone queue and addressing cases in order in which they are received
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Product Engineering departments on common issues and questions from members as well as enhancements and recommendations for product improvements
- Enhance personal and professional growth by participating in training sessions for Support Services team
- Knowledge/Experience with Salesforce required
- Works on special projects as assigned by management
- 2-5 years of experience serving in an external client-facing role supporting clients via phone or email
- 2-5 years of experience using, supporting, or troubleshooting web-based applications
- 2-5 years of experience being a part of a professional services or client services department or team
- 2-5 years of experience working in a corporate environment supporting a product or software as a service (SaaS) solution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both over the phone and in-person required
- Knowledge/Experience with Naviance is required
- Microsoft Office
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Apply Now