Our new piece of #HobsonsInsights is a K-12 focused analysis of recent research on student feedback and progressive reporting. We surveyed 1000+ Australian parents with children of various year levels, attending all different types of schools. The results are aligned to the national funding model and include state-by-state analysis.
The objectives of the research were to:
- Assess the current K-12 landscape, defining what is important to parents.
- Unpack the importance of student feedback and how feedback is being used by parents.
- Learn the types of feedback parents want to receive, via what channels and how frequently they want to receive this feedback.
- Establish the level of parental and extended family support in student coaching.
- Better understand the factors that impact student performance and learning outcomes.
- Define the impact of curriculum planning and the balance of social engagement and traditional curriculum.